Call for Papers: Fall 2020 Issue
Professors, graduate students, and administrators: Please distribute this upcoming publication opportunity widely.
FALL DEADLINE: October 15th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
The UC Berkeley Comparative Literature Undergraduate Journal (CLUJ) welcomes submissions for its Fall 2020 issue. We invite papers from those working in, around, or critically engaging with literary topics in a comparative nature, broadly construed. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Interdisciplinary research across disciplines within the humanities
- Research engaging with literary theory and schools of criticism
- Articles comparing at least two authors or texts
CLUJ provides undergraduate students from around the world the opportunity to publish and share their research with an international audience.
- Submissions must be between 16 and 60 pages in length, adhering to the most recent stylistic and bibliographic guidelines set by the Chicago Manual of Style or the Modern Language Association.
- Each submission should be accompanied by an abstract of no more than 300 words. The abstract should state and explain the topic of the paper and the way in which it contributes and relates to comparative literature.
- Submissions should be able to be categorized as research papers. As such, they should engage with literary criticism or critical theory in some faculty.
- Papers must be clearly edited and proofread prior to submission.
- All papers must have been written prior to graduation from an undergraduate degree program.
- Submissions must not have been previously published. We do not allow simultaneous submission.
How to Submit:
We accept submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach your submission as a complete manuscript in .doc or .docx format. The manuscript should include your article, your abstract, and the title of your paper. Additionally, this manuscript should be ready for blind review. As such, the author’s name and institutional affiliation should be redacted throughout the entire manuscript.
Along with the attachment of your submission, please include the following information in the body of your email:
- The title of your paper
- Your name
- The name of your institution
- Your current academic year and status–if you are a recent graduate, please note the month and year of your graduation
- Your contact information
- How you heard about the journal
For any further inquiries regarding submission or opportunities with the Journal, please contact email@example.com.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for International Students
We understand that some universities have programs in which students go straight from secondary education to a five or six-year program. For authors enrolled in concurrent Bachelor’s/Master’s degree programs lasting five or more years, our only requirement is that you not have completed the fourth year of that program at the time of your submission.