Call for Papers: Fall 2017 Issue
Professors, graduate students, and administrators: Please distribute this upcoming publication opportunity widely.
SPRING DEADLINE: September 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time
The UC Berkeley Comparative Literature Undergraduate Journal (CLUJ) welcomes submissions for its Spring 2017 issue. We invite papers from those working in, around, or critically engaging with literary topics in a comparative nature, broadly construed. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Interdisciplinary research across disciplines within the humanities
- Research engaging with literary theory and schools of criticism
- Articles comparing at least two authors or texts
CLUJ provides undergraduate students from around the world the opportunity to publish and share their research with an international audience.
The submission must be between 16 and 60 pages in length, adhering to the most recent stylistic and bibliographic guidelines set by the Chicago Manual of Style or the Modern Language Association.
All papers must have been written prior to graduation from an undergraduate degree program. Recent graduates may submit papers written during their undergraduate education for up to six months after the date of graduation.
Submissions should be ready for blind-review and should consist of the following:
- The title and the abstract of your paper. The abstract (maximum 300 words) should state and explain the topic of the paper and the way in which it contributes and relates to Comparative Literature. This abstract should not include your name or institutional affiliation and should accompany the article in the same document. The complete manuscript (abstract and article) should be emailed in .doc or .docx format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A separate cover letter (in the body of the email) that includes: the title of your submission, your name, institutional affiliation, current academic status (recent graduates: please note the month and year of graduation), contact information, and how you heard about the journal.
- The author’s name and institutional affiliation should be redacted throughout the entire paper.
For any further inquiries regarding submission or opportunities with the Journal, please contact email@example.com.
Call for Articles
UCB CLUJ is currently looking for contributing writers who will bring fresh and innovative perspectives to both our online and our print publications.
We are seeking for short articles that speak of literature and its relationship to the other arts and/or cultural issues.
- Articles submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.
- 550-750 words per article.
- Articles must have been written prior to graduation from an undergraduate degree program.
- Please include a cover letter with your article stating your full name, institutional affiliation and current academic status.
Submit to: Berkeleycluj@gmail.com
Information for International Students
We understand that some universities have programs in which students go straight from secondary education to a five or six-year program. For authors enrolled in concurrent Bachelor’s/Master’s degree programs lasting five or more years, our only requirement is that you not have completed the fourth year of that program at the time of your submission.